The Pakistan Naval Station Shifa or PNS Shifa, is a technologically advanced Naval medical treatment facility/hospital. Located on Defence Housing Scoiety in Karachi, Sindh Province, the hospital a major and integral role in the History of Karachi. The PNS Shifa was established in 1953 by the United States Navy Medical Officers when the United States Navy first visited the country.
In 1956, it was given the commissioned in the naval services of Pakistan Navy. In 1970, it was re-designed by the Pakistan Naval Engineering Branch, under the project codename Medical Assistant Training School. The name of Pakistan Navy Nursing School was conceived in 1982 when the Female Nursing Cadets and Armed Forces Nursing Services (AFNS) trainee officer were also attached for various professional courses.
The P.N.S. Shifa is a 600-bed hospital, established in 1956.